01 Apr Does Your Skin Need a Workout?
Does your skin need a workout?
At LaBellaRX, we offer Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Photo-Rejuvenation that’s a lot like a trip to the gym for your skin. We know that exercise is good for our heart and muscles, but you may not have considered that your skin — the largest and fastest-growing organ of the body — needs it too.
IPL treatment improves the tone, texture and appearance of your skin and is fantastic for brightening the skin as it targets sun damage, brown spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
But how does it work?
IPL Photo-Rejuvenation creates cell turnover by stimulating new collagen production that reduces fine lines, minimizes pore size and increases skin elasticity. It can make your skin look and feel tighter the same way working out makes your muscles tighter. No more droopy skin!
Some of the other key benefits of photo-rejuvenation treatment include:
- Reducing redness and hyperpigmentation caused by sun damage
- Erasing broken capillaries
- Smoothing roughly textured skin
- Shrinking wrinkles
- Creating a more even skin tone
What’s the process?
These treatments are performed relatively quickly. Here are the steps you can expect during an IPL Photo-Rejuvenation treatment:
- Ultrasound gel is applied over a clean face.
- A handheld device delivers precisely-calibrated pulses of multi-wavelength light into the innermost layers of the dermis.
- As the light heats the skin tissue, it begins to remodel aging collagen while sparking the creation of new collagen to even out the skin’s tone and texture.
- You will start to see results 48 to 72 hours after your first treatment, but the best results are seen after a series of five to 10 treatments.
These procedures work quickly and only cause minimal downtime. IPL treatments can be done on the face, neck, chest, and hands or anywhere you would like to see rejuvenation.
If this sounds like the solution to your skin needs, please contact us for an appointment today.