As we age, our skin loses its strength and elasticity. The fat located in the deeper layers of the skin diminishes causing loose, saggy skin and pronounced lines and crevices. Repeated facial movements and expressions also contribute to fine lines and wrinkles. Each time we use a facial muscle, a groove forms beneath the surface. And as skin ages, it loses its ability to spring back into place. But don’t worry (that only causes more wrinkles ;-)). At LaBellaRX, we offer a variety of beauty injections and filler products designed to restore your skin to the youthful look you’ve been missing.
Did you know that Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are all just brand names of the same neuromodulator called Botulism Toxin A? Neurotoxins like Dysport temporarily inhibit the nerves that signal specific muscles to contract. Once weakened, these muscles can’t make the movements that cause fine lines and wrinkles, and the result is smooth, younger-looking skin.
Dysport is the ultimate wrinkle eraser. Here’s what you can expect if you decide this procedure is right for you.
- Small, pea-sized bumps appear, but only last for a few minutes. These bumps are actually the saline that is used to dilute the Dysport from its frozen powder state and activate the neurotoxin for injection into the skin.
- Your skin will become smoother. One effect of neuromodulators is smoother skin. A reduced amount of muscle activity tends to lead to skin that is more flexible since the underlying facial muscles have been temporarily put to rest. Reduced muscle tone causes a loss of folding of the skin on top of the muscle.
- The more often you do it, the less product you’ll need. The more frequently you get Dysport injections, the less product you will need over time.
- Neuromodulators can trigger headaches. Delayed headaches typically occur if you keep trying to raise your brows high in surprise, frown hard or smile so big your eyes scrunch up.
- The smoothing effects of Dysport will last for 3-6 months.